Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Settling In

Phew! It's been quite a busy few days!

I am now moved into my very own apartment in Murfreesboro! I'm just a few blocks from everything, it seems.

I have witnessed a lot of God's loving kindness and grace the last few days through several people. I'm constantly floored by it.

My mother has always been a primary source of God's love. She has loved me when I least deserved it, because that's when I needed it the most. She has loaned me her car, her gas card, her time, her energy. She's brought boxes of stuff up. She's fed me and given me things I didn't even know I needed. So thankful am I to have a mother like her!!

My Aunt, her sister, has shown me great love as well. She's 74 years old but you wouldn't think it by the way she gets around and gets after people. She's been taking care of family members her whole life. My things have been in storage up in Nashville while I was in Hong Kong, so with the help of my boyfriend Lee (who helped even though he wasn't feeling well! <3) we got the things out of storage and down to my apartment. She also bought me a new mattress!! And she cleaned my apartment while I was at work. I am so thankful to have an aunt like her! Also thankful for Lee who helped out too, and got my stuff unloaded in Murfreesboro.

Monday night I went to retrieve my cat Jasper from my friend Rita's house. When I left for Hong Kong I was distraught that I might have to give him away if I couldn't find someone to keep him for me. This cat has been a wonderful companion during some rough times, so I definitely wanted him back when I returned. Rita offered to keep him for me and has taken such good care of him. I missed him while I was gone but I knew he was in good hands. I can't even begin to express how grateful I am to her and her daughter for looking after him. He's just as playful and funny as he ever was and he snuggled up with me on my first night in the new place.

When I told my friend Liz that I needed a couch she said "Ooh let's look on craigslist!" and a few hours later she tells me she's found a great deal. She not only bought them for me, but she got her husband's truck, picked them up, and brought them to my house to unload! "Happy Birthday/Housewarming!" so now Jasper has someplace to lay around while I'm at work, and I have seating for when people come visit me. I'm so grateful for friends like Liz and the amazing love of God that shines through people like her.

Unloading the couch and loveseat meant I missed out on my friend Regina's graduation from Paul Mitchell, but she was gracious about it. I owe her a big celebration!! I'm so proud of her for this accomplishment and I know she will be great. (XOXO!) Thankful to God for new beginnings for my dear friend, and for her gracious friendship.

Praise God from whom all blessings flow
Praise Him all creatures here below
Praise Him above ye heavenly host
Praise Father, Son, and Holy Ghost. Amen!

Grace & Peace,
Kathleen

No comments:

Post a Comment