Monday, August 27, 2012

What's Happening

Hello Friends!

It's been a while since my last post I realize... I don't really have a good excuse!

I am still cat-sitting Earl and Mable, two of the sweetest cats I've ever met. Mable's existence is purely to just be cute and Earl is kind of a goofy cat. He and Jasper still get into it occasionally but a brief separation seems to calm things down.

Education for Ministry classes began last week and I am so glad to be back in that group. It is bigger than ever!! That is an excellent problem to have. I am giving my spiritual autobiography tonight and I'm a little nervous. It was fun looking through old photographs with my parents in preparation for it though. I'm excited to begin lessons and community and growing in love with this amazing group.

This last week I have come down with some kind of upper respiratory.. crud... I was very ill Thursday and Friday. Migraine was making me nauseous and I ended up tossing my cookies (so to speak) at Walgreens. (Thankfully I made it to the restroom in time...) It was not a fun experience. I did, however, make it to my meeting with Fr. Polk that morning and he was kind enough to lay hands and pray for me.

The meeting was a discussion about my committee for discernment. It is coming together!! Hopefully we will begin meeting in October. Please keep this in your prayers as it moves forward!

The other morning I had a bit of a shocking wake up call. Not an actual phone call, but I definitely sat up and took notice. I stood on the scales at my parents house and noted that my weight has gotten out of hand. Like, in a really unhealthy range. The very next day I signed up for a gym membership and have been going almost every day. I met with a personal trainer this morning and am hoping to get healthier. As motivation I signed up for the Ragnar Relay here in Tennessee. It is basically a half marathon broken up into sets that you run with other people--from Chattanooga to Nashville. A group from St. B's was kind to invite me to join their team and I'm looking forward to running with them. It is a tough run but I'm hoping to make it happen!

In October I will attend the re-entry retreat for YASC as well as hopefully meet up with some friends that I met in Hong Kong. It will be so lovely to see some of those friends again. Maybe they will make it down my way sometime too! I'd love to show them around Nashville.

And finally, we've been reading through Ephesians in the lectionary and I wanted to leave you with this prayer:

I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the Lord’s holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge —that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God. (Ephesians 3:16-19)

Amen!

Kathleen


No comments:

Post a Comment